Friday 16 December 2011

My left arm’s doing something odd ...


My left arm’s started to do something odd. No, correction – my arm’s started to feel odd. I think, actually, that it may have just started to do something right.

It’s sort of changed direction. Just after impact. It used to chicken-wing, the elbow bending towards the target. Now it’s not.

Did I say just after impact? That’s a ridiculous thing to say. How do I know when it started? All the evidence, indeed, suggests it happened before impact. Hence my cuts and slices.

Now my elbow seems to be staying straight. Two feet beyond impact, my arms are still in their ‘inverted triangle’ shape. Before, the left arm always tugged the triangle out of shape.

And as it did its chicken-winging, my whole left side, from the hip to the shoulder, used to stand up. Now my left side…

… oops, sorry about this. Nothing more boring than the analysis of someone else’s swing (and, of course, nothing more fascinating than the analysis of one’s own).

It’s interesting though (is it really though, Tony?!?) that all this seems to be happening while I’ve been editing the chapter on chipping for the ‘Golden Rule’. My chipping seems to be realigning itself. And realigning my long game too.

All very odd. And, I’m 99 percent convinced, all very right.

No comments:

Post a Comment